Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

GMC Sierra: Hello! I have a 2008 SLE 4WD Sierra and, when

Hello! I have a 2008 SLE 4WD Sierra and, when idling at a stop light, the engine idles rough, bouncing up and down around 1000 RPM. There is a weird rattling when this starts. The rattling seems to be forward of me, the driver, and under the hood and low. At least it sounds like it's there. Fuel injector and throttle were just cleaned/ serviced but when I went to pick up the truck it wouldn't really start. They said "gun it" and white smoke shot out of the exhaust - it was fine for about 3 weeks until now.

tims auto repair : hi
tims auto repair : remove the intake air duct and clean the inside of the throttle body with carb cleaner again,,
tims auto repair : sometimes these will get black soot on them and cause this problem,,and,sometimes you may need to do it more than once to get it completely clean
tims auto repair : sense it did fix it for about 3 weeks the last time,,this time it may get it
tims auto repair : Please RATE my answer by clicking the RATINGS button so I can get credit for my work,, the [BAD SERVICE] and [POOR SERVICE] rating does not give me credit].i don't receive commission if you give a less than 3 star/smiley rating ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, ,please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP