Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  43 years of automotive repair, Smog license
12365498

Daewoo Lanos: Do you know if I can purchase a manual window

Do you know if I can purchase a manual window regulator for a daewoo lanos '98 anywhere online?
Hello and thank you for allowing me to assist you. Go to Rock Auto. They are an online parts store and should be able to help you find one. Click on this link to go to their website : http://www.rockauto.com.
I hope this helps,

Chris
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for replying. I was wondering if you could tell me the name of the part i should be looking for. I'm not a car guy, so I am not sure what exactly it is i should be searching for. The part i'm hoping to replace is the shaft of metal that connects the hand crank of the window to the mechanism in the door. On my Daewoo right now, there is just a an empty space where there should be a metal rod...
It will be known as the window regulator assembly. It will include that shaft.

Chris
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok thanks. Now i'm planning on purchasing one of these and replacing my current assembly. Do you have any "tricks of the trade" that you could share to make my life a little simpler this first time through? I appreciate your help!

Well it is not extremely difficult, and if you have a decent set of tools, and basic mechanical skills, you should be able to do this. You will first remove any screws you see holding the trim panel onto the door. Then get a wide flat blade screw driver and pop the panel off of the door. Remove the glass from the regulator plate andpuul the glass up into the rolled up/closed position. Hold it in place with some duct tape. Now unbolt th regulator from the door and remove it. Install the new one and reattach the glass and door panel. That's it !!

Chris