Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  32 years Foreign / Domestic Cars All aspects of Diag and Repair

Isuzu Rodeo: I have a 95 Isuzu Rodeo. My abs and brake remain

Customer Question

I have a 95 Isuzu Rodeo. My abs and brake remain apparent and my brake pedal sinks all the way down to the mat. I have more than enough brake fluid and there isn't a leak from the brakes. Do you have any clue as to what this is?
Category: Car
Expert:  Randall C replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I am Randall. I have reviewed your question and working on it now. Although I can not be 100%. I am not there, however if fluid is full, no leaks, description. the lights on sounds like you have a failed brake master cylinder
It has bad or worn seals internally and as you apply the brakes, the fluid bypasses the bad internal seals, thus the brake pedal fades to the florr, never builds up presssure needed for the system.
I am really leaning to a bad brake master cylinder.
It will set the codes/lights etc if improper pressure is detected
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

didn't provide a solution

Expert:  Randall C replied 3 years ago.
I am unsure why I was rated as poor service. I am here to help. I mentioned you may very well ahve a bad brake mester cylinder and how it works and plays into this. Do you need the repair information on the matsre cylinder. i will gladly send it. I a really feel the master cylinder is the root cause of the problem thus my soultion. Please let me know. thanks