Mike S.
Mike S., Mechanic
Experience:  25+ years experience as an auto mechanic.

unknown unkown: How to wire power radio antenna? Origin vehicle

How to wire power radio antenna? Origin vehicle unknown, it has twice as long as regular Bosch relay. I assume it has something to do with power having to reverse flow? 5 blade relay has markings clockwise 30, 31, Ra, M1, & M2 in the middle. Relay has some numbers on it, 8 697 212 208 12v, if that would help identify it?

What is it exactly that you are working on?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

51 chevy project truck, friend found a power antenna in storage that could be made to work with washers in counter sunk hole on rear fender.

Ok, a relay is just going to switch the 12 volts from the battery and direct it to the antenna. So I would just work with the antenna for right now and make sure it works, that is the motor part. How many wires are to the antenna and what color are they?

Is there a brandname on the antenna?

I believe I may have found someone describing that relay and antenna.

A = HF - Radio signal to raise antenna
RA - WHITE - Radio Antenna itself
30 - RED - power
31 - Brown - Ground

BOSCH ZEITRELAIS 8 697 212 208 12v

BOSCH ZEITRELAIS 8 697 212 208

Power antenna module/relay/timer used in many VW Audi Porsche applications. Part # XXXXX(NNN) NNN-NNNN.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think you may have hit on the head, have to check this out tomorrow if have an opportunity. I assume radio supplies 12 volt to activate relay? Motor works fine, not sure about relay.

ok, let me know

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Owner said he has bought another antenna setup, most likely will be at least a few more before get back to radio but will try to get back to you on this setup if can ........

They usually close these posts after several days. I thought it was supposed o be after 7 days, but I have seen some close sooner hen I cannot reply.