Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

Isuzu Oasis S: I have Isuzu Oasis S, 1997. The engine failed(

I have Isuzu Oasis S, 1997. The engine failed( the timing belt broke and cylinder head is bad). I would like to replace the whole engine. Isuzu engines are difficult to find. Honda Odyssey's are available. Can I use engine from Honda Odyssey 1996-1997. What modifications or adjustments are necessary, if any to use it for Isuzu vehicle?
Marek Dzionara

tims auto repair :

hi

tims auto repair :

the 96-97 honda odyssey is the same engine

tims auto repair :

and will interchange with you isuzu with no problem

tims auto repair :

\thanks

tims auto repair :

Customer:

Do I need to use Crankshaft Position sensor , from my Isuzu, or Honda engine has its own? Can I use Honda distributor or the one from Isuzu is necessary/ What about computer: can I use the one already in Isuzu? Marek

tims auto repair :

the engines are the same

tims auto repair :

you can use either or

tims auto repair :

it should be a direct replacement

tims auto repair :

Customer:

Did you get my additional question?

tims auto repair :

yes

tims auto repair :

about the distributer and crank sensor?

tims auto repair :

the complete engine is the same..you shouldnt need to replace anything

i think chat stopped working..
the complete engines is the same,,you shouldnt need to replace anything
thanks

Please RATE my answer by clicking the RATINGS button so I can get credit for my work,, the [BAD SERVICE] and [POOR SERVICE] rating does not give me credit].i don't receive commission if you give a less than 3 star/smiley rating ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, ,please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP