Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Mitsubishi Lancer: I just brought a 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer

I just brought a 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer when I got off the freeway it just started to make a whoosh sound when I let go the accelerator and when I got home there was oil all over the engine what could it be? Transmission?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.

If this is engine oil all over the engine and you also heard this noise here this may indicate the PCV valve is stuck closed.This valve allows the crank case pressures to release into the intake.If this valve sticks closed the pressure builds up and can cause this noise as well as oil to blow over the engine where it can leak out possibly around the oil fill cap.The PCV valve should be located right next to the oil fill cap and will have a hose connected to it.I would replace this valve if it hasn't been replaced in the last year to see if it resolves this issue.Also check the hose that is attached to it to make sure the hose isn't damaged or restricted.

If all of these are o.k. or is not the case here let me know.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete