Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

Porsche 911 Carrera: i have a 1985 porsche 911 cabrio Euro

i have a 1985 porsche 911 cabrio Euro and the clutch when i let it out it is very hard to stop as it springs out and is difficult to keep at the right spot to begin moving. is there a spring adjustment to make it easier to let it out?

I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

please continue to ask the expert for me, i will continue to wait for an answer thanks

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you

Hi Im Tom and Im here to assist you with your issue today .Has the clutch or pressure plate ever been replaced on this vehicle?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

not that i know of but being that it is hard to ease it out to begin moving it seems like its brand new

Ok a failing pressure late will cause your exact symptoms has this been checked?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i dont know how to do that

OK then only correct way is to remove the transmission .How many miles on this vehicle?Are you planning on doing this work yourself?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no i cannot do it myself, the pressure plate can only be checked by taking out the transmission?

Unfortunately yes.At that point it makes sense to replace the clutch ,pressure plate and bearing and this will take care of all your issues.My uncle has the same exact car and had the same issue and it was the pressure plate.This is what needs to be checked next for this problem.Remember Im here if you need any further assistance for anything at all it will be for no further charge.Please rate excellent service so I can get credit for my help thanks.Bonuses greatly appreciated.
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Certified Master Technician