Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.
2921078

hyndia accent: hi have a 04hyndia accent, it died on me while

hi have a '04hyndia accent, it died on me while driving got it home started it up ..2hrs later took it down the rd. an it died a gain what is the trouble shooting for a crank shaft sensor? help guys this lady is lost
Greetings Sir or Madam and welcome to JA! I will do my very best to assist you with your problem.Is the check engine light coming on before the engine dies on you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no, after it died, battery & oil lite but thats normal rt.?

Yep, that is normal,I forgot to ask, does the car start right back up or does it have to cool off before it will re fire?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it wont start back up that day it was raining cats... friends came by 2hrs. later it crunk rt. up but we took it down the rd. and it died again and wouldnt crank after that friend took crank shaft sensor off top of engine on rt is that about rt.place for it? im use to 350 chevy /double hump heads not inport lol having a time...

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i cant crank it or try w/o that part . was trying junk yards but couldnt find one where we checked before buying good part

Ok, I understand now.This I believe is the cam sensor and our issue here is there isn't any resistance tests for the cam or the crank sensor provided by Hyundai.They have diagnostics for the wiring to the sensors, but their idea of diagnostics for the sensor itself is to install a new one :)HERE is the testing procedure for the Cam sensor.HERE it is for the crank sensor.Hope this helps you out somehow.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what is the most common crank or cam sensor?

Well, the most common is the crank sensor getting hot and losing signal, but since it seemed to happen in pouring rain, I really wonder if it's a coil issue and not a cam or crank sensor problem. I have also seen the wiring to the crank sensor damaged and causing issues on some of these as well.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it was a cold start which shouldnt matter as this car from what hynd. says anyway.. how can i tell so i can tell my guys what would you do if it was your car an limited funds? tell me all u can car guy1, where is the coil i want to kno [for me] an what would i look for if damaged? would i have to put it on lift can damage be seen on out side? what test can we try if wanting to find out if it is coil

The coils are on top of the plugs, this model I believe if memory serves uses 2 coils and 2 plug wires.I would put the cam sensor back into the car and see if it will start now that it is dry. IF it does, then spray the heck out of the coils with water from a spray bottle, if the coils are bad, then they should arc like crazy causing the car to run rough and possibly stall.If there is no start because of no spark with the cam sensor back in the car, take the oil fill cap off and check to make sure the cams are turning when cranking the engine. If the timing is off or the belt broken, then there will be no cam signal and that will kill injector pulse and also take out the spark.So,I think I would start with these and then if possible get a code reader and see if there is a code for either sensor.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what is the code for both? imiss my stock motor!!!!!

P0335 is the crank sensor code and P0340 is the cam sensor code.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

is there away for my guys to see all we've said so they can read what u wrote?

Well, the 2 links I gave you for the codes and how to check them should print fine, as for the rest of this I am unsure,lol, sorry I am a carguy :)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thats all right am not pc woman either am chevy lady! iwonder can i get back on site and see what u've typed? have wrote down some, does it store passed issues, for problems, so u can go back and check what u've told me to do?

You should be getting links back here in your email, so once you have tried stuff you can just reply here. I will get an email if I am not on.So I will get back to you. I am here for follow up even after you rate as well.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

is that what the follow button is for ?was hoping i could use it to follow what we've wrote , iam gonna give u the best possible i can darlin' i will also use u for all of my needs for this car, just want to make sure my guys can see what u've gave me ,there is noway i could remember it!

You might be able to save this as a file or something, upper left of the browser if it has a drop down or says file,you can save it.Also, try right clicking your mouse.It may save a copy right to your desktop.I use google chrome and when I right click it says "save as" this will save it to the desk top on your computer. :)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

<3 u R THE GREATESTEST # XXXXX I DID JUST WHAT U SAID AND ITS UNDER FILE NOW thank you! will be getting back to u as soon as my guys can get here but not today they r welding .now to rating.... have a great day- sharon[ aka HONEY B]