Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

ford au: every time i put foot down car stutters but if i let

every time i put foot down car stutters but if i let it cruse up to speed its ok

Hi Peter,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.

From what you have described here this sounds like an engine misfire that may be causing this issue.This can be fuel related with a lack of fuel to the engine or if this is a gasoline engine this may be a spark issue with a loss of spark to one or more cylinders.

If this is a gasoline engine in this vehicle and if you have a way to test spark when driving (possibly a timing light rigged to one of the spark plug wires) I would then drive the vehicle to see if a loss of spark is the cause here.

I have seen faulty spark plug wires or worn spark plugs cause this most commonly but this may be another component causing this as well all depending on if this is a lack of spark.

This does need to be checked into further to see if this is a loss of spark or possibly fuel related then it can be further diagnosed from there to locate and correct this issue.

Let me know if you need anything else here and we can continue if needed.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete