Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Buick LeSabre Custom: 2000 Buick lesabre. Alarm will go off

2000 Buick lesabre. Alarm will go off if any door or the trunk is opened, even after unlocking with remote. I can start and drive the vehicle, but with the alarm and horn on and lights flashing. I have tried unlocking and relocking everything with the key to no avail. I've driven it over 10 miles home with things going off. I've used the remote extensively. This happened mid-trip, and no recent electrical work has been performed.

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

Sorry for the long wait.

Many techs have looked at your post and have not felt comfortable helping. This area of concern is not my strongest point but I will try to help as best I can at least with some information. I have access to a lot of repair guides so I should be able to at least do something to aid you if your still needing help and willing to let me try.

Once I post an answer you will be prompted to rate me, not the site or wait time, or the news in my answer. Please let me know exactly what you need from me so I can earn a good rating.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I really need to know what it takes to either make the alarm behave as expected, or to kill the theft deterrent system. Its a 13 year old car that has hail damage; I just want functional.

On the back of the remote what brand is listed?

Is there a aftermarket alarm on the vehicle, I ask because the factory one should not act this way?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay. That helps by itself. There are 2 remotes, one is factory, the other is aftermarket remote start. That one is an Excalibur. It came with the car when I bought it and I know nothing about it.

Most likely this Excalibur system is to blame. I would just remove it. Most likely its mounted under the drivers side of the dash. The wires all need to be mended where spliced. Your remote start system is also an alarm and its triggering from a internal failure.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If I'm understanding this correctly, the factory systems do not behave this way? If iv might ask, what do they do?

The factory alarm prevents the vehicle from starting, and it will not sound off while running and driving.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your assistance. I now know where to look.

Your welcome
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So, for future reference, the issue was more human error than vehicular trouble. As there were 2 remotes, locking with the aftermarket and unlocking with factory yields the result I got. Live and learn!

Glad you found the issue.