Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Porsche Cayenne 4.5S: GPS signal fault on Cayenne? PCM says

GPS signal fault on Cayenne? PCM says no satelites. Have checked the connection to GPS antenna and the rear connection of PCM.
Still not working.

I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Fine to wait a bit more

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.

From what you have described here this may be a fault with the gps antennae itself as this can sometimes be a common component to fail on some vehicles.If there is any corrosion with the gps antennae as well as the cabling,you might try wiggling the antennae and cables to see if the gps signal is received then.If it is then the area that was wiggled usually indicates the area of the fault that needs corrected.

If this is all checked and found to be o.k. this would need to be further tested to see if this is a receiver fault or another component causing this.

I hope this has helped and if you need anything else let me know.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Daar Peter

Thanks for the answer. i have checked all connections and they seem to be ok.
Any otter suggestions?

Kind regards

Unfortunately it is difficult to pinpoint the fault from here for sure,this may be the antennae assembly itself at fault possibly or even an electrical failure in an electronic control unit.This would need to be tested/checked into further to locate the fault for sure.In some cases this may be best done by a dealer or experienced shop with their scan tool to check for fault codes as well as their diagnostic test equipment to test the antennae circuits.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician
Experience: 17 years automotive training and experience.