Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Mazda b2000: my mazda b 2000 is using gas like there is no

my mazda b 2000 is using gas like there is no regulation makes it look like the caeburetor has gone bad it floods and dies. is it bad carburetor or somethin else?
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.

Can you tell me the year of this vehicle as well as the engine size?

Was anything done on the vehicle recently that may have caused this issue?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

is a 1987 4cyl 2.0 5 speed manual tran.i just bought it and the ouner had done lots of work to it i believe he had just put a water pump/clutch on it. it runs great some times the most miles out of a gas tank had been 260. and this last gas tank was only 150 years back i had another mazda and it did the same thing. i replace the carburetor and that was it.so im looking for help on this one. it has only 11k on it..

O.k.,from what you have described here this sounds like this may be a carburetor issue here causing this.This may be due to debris in the carb. causing this issue or possibly a stuck float assembly.

I would have this checked into further to see if the fault can be located,this may require having it removed and over hauled to correct this issue or replaced.This should be the only component that would cause this here that I can see on this model vehicle.

I hope this has helped and if you need anything else let me know.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks pete. believe it or not at the time i went trought a hard luck peroid. about 4 cars went out of service.wit the mazda there was 2 cars that i had to buy just to keep going the mazda got me out of the jam i was replacing a transmition on a festiva so once i got that running i needed a break. so i stopped persuing the mazda issue for a while. once again thanks.

Your welcome.Let us know if you need anything else in the future.

Thanks Pete