Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Master Mechanic
Experience:  35 years/Master Tech. Foreign and Domestic

daew laine: I purchased a 2002 daew, and now is the time to

I purchased a 2002 daew, and now is the time to have a oil change. I do not know what kind of the oil it used before, (reguler oil or synthetic oil and oil grade).
What kind of the oil I should use that will be good for the car. car has about 80,000 miles
thank you

It's near impossible to be able to look at the oil to tell if it was syn or regular oil but if you are changing it, it doesn't really matter which type you use. I suggest using a synthetic 5W-30 blend and you will be fine. Valvoline makes a real good product and i would suggest it.

Thanks for asking!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I understand that once you used synthetic you cannot switch back to regular oil, is that true?

thank you

Not necassarilly, but if you go with the synthetic now you have nothing to worry about. It may cost a little more for the oil BUT you don't have to change it as often so money wise, it works out to be the same.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how long should it between the oil change if I used synthetic oil?

thank you

You are welcome,

25,000 miles