Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

Porsche 928 S: MyA/C does not engage when I push the a/c button.

MyA/C does not engage when I push the a/c button. On my 944 it was the relay. I have a 928 with the same problem. Where is the a/c relay switch located on the 85 928s?
Category: Car
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 1 year ago.

I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok please find the answer. I really need my a/c.

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the professional with the right expertise to come online. Please let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, and welcome. My name isXXXXX apologize for the wait. There is no compressor relay on your 928. Power to the compressor comes from the a/c switch on the dash and passes through the evaporator temperature sensor then goes to the low pressure switch on the drier and on to the compressor. If your system is low on refrigerant it will cause the compressor to remain off. The low pressure switch at the drier can be bypassed to check for compressor operation. If the compressor runs with the switch bypassed the problem is either low refrigerant or a faulty low pressure switch. If there is no power getting to the low pressure switch the problem could be the evaporator temperature sensor or the a/c control in the dash or a wiring fault. Further testing will be necessary to see if power is reaching the evaporator temperature sensor. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.