Greg, Technician
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,

abs seems to be on all the time,untill the lites come on at

abs seems to be on all the time,untill the lites come on at 60mph .differengil module is new, also new brake switch.under 60mph brakes act real funny n scary just as your stoping. also back up lite blows fuse when in reverse don't know if this is related? 98 dodge ram 1500XXXXX
Hi .

Have you been to the shop to check foe ABS malfunction codes .

If not take a drive down to AutoZone and ask if they can check for any malfunction codes and let me know what they are , this is a free service that AutoZone will do for you in most states .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok i'll try to do that today, deano

Hi Deano .

Okay hear from you later on .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

had it checked by a reg. mach. again no codes.

Ok Deano.

You will need a scan tool with live data and in ABS live data go for a drive and check the sensor are giving out the correct MPH and not showing different .

Then if all is showing the same remove the ABS 40 amp fuse and retest ,do you still have the same problem or is all back to normal .

With the ABS 40 amp fuse removed the ABS light should come ON.

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok ,busy today,i'll try to get it done in the next few day's,thank's Greg,Deano.

Hi .

Deano remove the fuse and drive a few days then get back to me .

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

you must be reading my mind , i removed the fuse last nite to see if it would solve my standard brake problem.Deano i'll check back in a few days.

See you later .

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

works like it's suppose to,except when u jam on the brakes, the back brakes lock up n I know that's because no abs.

Hi .

When where the brakes last checked and serviced .

Is the brake fluid clean and clear or dark and dirty .

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

just did all the brakes 2 weeks ago. it looks dirty in the resivor .

Hi ,

Deano remove the brake fluid bottle and dump the fluid, clean out the bottle ,
replace and refill ,then bleed the brakes , starting from the rear right the the rear left
then go to the front right then front left .

The go for a test drive ,

What i would do is remove the two rear brake drums and check the condition of all moving parts ,check that they are not sticking, check that the brake cylinder pistons move in and out freely . if all good replace .

Then check the condition of the front brakes , the sliders must move freely and the pistons must go out wards (by pressing on the brake slowly ,One side at a time )
and be able to push them back in freely , if not O/H the brake calipers.

This service should sort out your problem if not then please get back to me with the answer box below as you have done in the past .
Kindest regards Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

boy!! u want me to get dirty again.ok ,but it might be a week or less before I can do this thanks Greg, THANKS ALOT!!!! Deano

looks like it might be another week before I get time to work on it again ,hope I don't have a short time frame for this!!Deano