Richard, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  12 years Ford Lincoln/Mercury Jaguar dealership as a technician and shop foreman reparing all makes

Landrover LR2: Hello. I have a 2009 LR2 landrover. It was working

Hello. I have a 2009 LR2 landrover. It was working fine until this evening when my husband found it with the lights on...he put the fob into the dock and the car wont start nor we can get the fob out. any suggestions? thanks. Mariana
Hello and welcome to

Sounds like your battery is weak. When this happens the key can get stuck in the dock. We will need to fully recharge or boost the battery. You can try jump starting but in some cases a good long charge is needed as if the system detects low voltage or a spike in voltage the modules will start to shut down. Let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so we tried jumping the battery, slow charging the battery and bought a new battery...still not working...any thoughts?

With the new battery if you press the start switch what happens?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The lights turn on but the engine wont
Can you remove the key from the dock?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes. We were able to do so with the new battery.
Ok this could be a problem with the security system or a problem with one of the control modules on the vehicle network. Try just disconnecting the negative battery cable for an hour. Then reconnect it and see if it will start.