Scott W.
Scott W., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  28 yrs. experience in automotive repair

I have 2012 Ford Explorer Limited, I bought it used and it

I have 2012 Ford Explorer Limited, I bought it used and it came with one key fob. I bought one off ebay and now need to program it. So I need instructions on programming a remote key fob.
Hello my name isXXXXX does your key have the fob built into the key, or is the fob a stand alone fob?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My car is a push button start, the fob it is a stand alone 5 button fob.

Ok, this will need to be programmed at the dealer using a scan tool, the scan tool must enter a timed period of 10 minutes to be allowed access before programming can start, then after the 10 minutes, security access will be granted, then following the on screen prompts the scan tool will program the new fob along with programming the old fob. The entire process take about 30 minutes max to complete. We charge 49.50 to do this.