Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Nav System: Land Rover Sport 2009

I can't stand the Navistar nav system. I understand that it is not possible to put in an alternative nave system (Is this true).

Thinking of mounting a Garmin Nuvi right where the current Nav System screen best to mount safely?

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

Sorry for the long wait.

Many techs have looked at your post and have not felt comfortable helping. This area of concern is not my strongest point but I will try to help as best I can at least with some information. I have access to a lot of repair guides so I should be able to at least do something to aid you if your still needing help and willing to let me try.

Once I post an answer you will be prompted to rate me, not the site or wait time, or the news in my answer. Please let me know exactly what you need from me so I can earn a good rating.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Are there any aftermarket garmin or to tom nav systems that can take the place of the existing navistar. I think the answer will be no

Yes there are window or dash mounted aftermarket navigation units you can buy and use in any vehicle, but I am unsure if that's what you meant.

You can purchase a different radio navigation system combo, it will require a lot of wiring and some an antennas and it may not work perfect with your sound system.

To my knowledge there is not a stand alone unit to remove and install in place of your current navigation screen.