Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Porsche 911 Carrera: 2002 Porsche 911 Cabriolet 6 speed ...just

2002 Porsche 911 Cabriolet 6 speed ...just purchased it.. am all of a sudden having trouble putting it into reverse... thanks

Hi Charles,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.

If your clutch is working to engage all other gears except reverse gear I don't think this is a clutch issue here causing this fault.What may be causing this fault is the shifter linkage between the shifter and the transmission.If this has not been checked I would check to see if there is any kind of adjustment that can be done to correct this.

If the shifter and linkage are all o.k. then next would be to have the transmission system checked over to see if this is an internal mechanical fault in the transmission itself causing this.If this is then it would need repaired to correct this and depending on the fault may require removal of the transmission.

I hope this has helped and if you need anything else let me know.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete