Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician

Isuzu Rodeo: disconnected battery on 95.5 rodeo to replace

disconnected battery on 95.5 rodeo to replace driver side broken door handle. Moved rear handle to front, left rear handle off. Reconnected battery and seems anti theft is activated. No start. open door and hear beep and parking lights flash. Wheel doesn't lock nor does shifter. Anti theft light on left upper side of dash bliking rapidly.
Hi I'm Tom and I'm here to help you with your issue today. Is this a factory alarm or aftermarket?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Believe it to be factory. Standard key ( no keyless remote ).

Ok is the vehicles battery fully charged?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It was.Many attempts and opening of doors as well as continual rapid flashing of anti theft light on dash. Interior lights, power locks working. Looks like just shy of 12 volts on dash meter now.

Oknthats will cause this issue as well as dead cells in that battery hoe old is the vehicles battery?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

5 years, 7 months according to punched sticker on NAPA battery

Ok do me a favor that battery is ready to be changed get a new battery clean the terminals and I bet you will be fine.Low voltage and weak cells will cause this let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks. I'll give it a try and let you know later.

Anytime.Remember Im here if you need any further assistance for anything at all just let me know it will be for no further charge.Please rate excellent service so I can get credit for my help thanks.Bonuses greatly appreciated
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Replaced with NAPA 75 battery and still no difference. Noticed meter on dash read the same as with old battery. Tried key sequences on exterior doors, hatch again with no luck. Anti theft light is still blinking. Open the door and get sequential beeps, with parking lights flashing 6-8 times. Sure seems like anti-theft issue but I have no idea how it works or how to clear it or over ride it.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please advise regarding replacing battery with no result.

OK try this for me .Key in ignition with the it turned to the on position where the radio works then disconnect the positive battery terminals for about 30 seconds and rescuer and let me know if the system resets.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry for the delay. I tried the above to no avail. After further inspection with my usual mechanic, it was determined that this is an AFTER MARKET device. He is removing it today and hopefully, I'll be good to go. Thank you for your time and suggestions.

Anytime.Im here if you ever need any further assistance.