sal66chev
sal66chev, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Hi I'm sal.I have over 18 years of experience in the mehcanic business certificated by AAMCO and ATRA

Tl: Hi I have an acura TL 2000 3.2 auto trans. I drive fine

Hi I have an acura TL 2000 3.2 auto trans. I drive fine but when I on the highway above 55mph if I let off the gas to slow down I here this noise but when I let my foot back on gas it stop???
Category: Car
Expert:  sal66chev replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX I`ll be happy to assist you. I have some questions that I need to ask to help you better.

could you try to describe the noise you are experiencing?

and does affect the way the car drives.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The car drives fine. An it don't start making noise till I hit 55mph an above. But when my foot is on the gas it normal but as soon as I let off to slow down I here this noise for the front of the car an it sounds kinda like an electric fan.But as soon as I put my foot back on the pedal the noise gos away.no eng light on or anything.what could this be?!?!? Please help I have no idea.
Expert:  sal66chev replied 1 year ago.
is it like a fine pitch noise?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ya kinda.. Sounds like an real small engine high revving
Expert:  sal66chev replied 1 year ago.

ok. it looks like the noise is coming from the transmission. is very common in this transmissions after they get some miles on. what happens is t

hat the transfer gears inside the trans. ware one of the case halfs were the bearing rides and causes a miss alignment depending on witch bearing is the one wearing out between the transfer gears or the differential and causes that type of noise.

I would have it checked with a transmission shop just to make sure before causes a very expensive repair.

I hope that this information is of some help and if there is anything else I can help you with or you have more questions about let me know.Smile

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this fixable or is the trans need rebuilt or replaced
Expert:  sal66chev replied 1 year ago.

It is fixable ether way. if is only the transfer gears. it can be done without pulling the transmission and can cost around $500.00

if it is one of the bearings of the differential the transmission needs to be remover and almost a part completely and the cost of doing that is almost the same as if you were to rebuild the transmission. witch at that point it will be worth it to do it.

one high light about rebuilding the trans you have is that they can bore and sleeved and you will never have to worry about this again. unlike buying a transmission is uncertain if that has been done.

sal66chev, Auto Mechanic
Experience: Hi I'm sal.I have over 18 years of experience in the mehcanic business certificated by AAMCO and ATRA