Gary
Gary, Technician
Experience:  GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years
19513769

isuzs trooper: I have an isuzu trooper 2002 3.0 water has got

Customer Question

I have an isuzu trooper 2002 3.0 water has got in on cylinder and locked it up took out heater pluges and turned over and water came out now there is water in the oil don:t know how water is getting an ideas
Category: Car
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Welcome to Justanswer ! my name is Gary and i will do my best to assist you with this problem

when you say water in the cylinder do you mean the engine coolant correct ?

and im assuming the engine coolant is low ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ye coolant has got in some how level is low in rad

Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

ok those injector sleeves can allow coolant or water to get into the cylinder and into the oil in the engine and mix

the best thing to do is have the sleeved check for them leaking if one is have the sleeves and sleeve seals changed if it still does this there is more than likely a cracked cylinder head and or a bad head gasket

those are the only 2 issues that will cause coolant to get into a cylinder and mix with the engines oil

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the head gasket was only put on in january and the cylinder was on a replacement engine from isuzu with only 24000 miles had to take off head to replace heater plugs

Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

ok then have the coolant system pressure tested and see if its leaking from the sleeves when pressure tested

if it is replace the sleeves and seals

if its not leaking from the sleeves then there is a head failure or head gasket failure

there is no other way coolant will fill a cylinder up