Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.

What causes the following icons start flashing at the same

What causes the following icons start flashing at the same time?
Traction Control System
Greetings Sir or Madam and welcome to JA! I will do my very best to assist you with your problem.Is there anything in the odometer reading like ERSS by chance?How is the car running and driving for you at the moment?Let me know.Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Again, I say tht there is no ERSS readin on the odometer. I took a run up the road and the car is running just fine. The AWD icon went out but the other three are still illuminated (ABS, AT Oil Temp & Traction Control System).

I apologize for the long delays today. The site hasn't been working as it normally does so I haven't been able to get on to respond.The problem here is there is a code stored in the transmission control module. This is causing all the lights to come on. Without a scan tool that can read all the modules transmission and ABS) then it is difficult to determine the cause.The AT temp light does normally indicate an issue with the transmission itself. You should check the fluid level using the dipstick on the driver side of the transmission and also you may be clear the lights by disconnecting the battery for one hour.Otherwise a scanner will be required.Since the car is running normally, it is quite possible it will resolve the problem.Again, I am sorry for the delays today.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I took the car for a run up the road and it runs fine. AWD icon did not
come on but the other three are still illuminated.
There was ERSS in the odometer.

I see, so the error in the odometer is actually telling us this is a speed sensor problem.This is one of the wheel speed sensors for the abs, the problem here is without a scan there is no way to know which one of the 4 is the problem.Sorry to say, you will need to have the abs control unit scanned.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, the odometer had no ERSS message. My error.

Disconnected the battery and let the car sit overnight.
Just drove it again and all icons except AWD lit up again.

I will make an appointment to have the car scanned.

Thank You,

Ok, if the AWD light is still coming up then it's an electrical malfunction in the transmission. The dealer is not required to check this for you, but a scan tool that can read the trans module is.