George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ yrs, AAS Automotive Technology, Factory trained Asian specialist

GM Forenza: I am working on a 2004 Suzuki Forenza 2.0 and am

I am working on a 2004 Suzuki Forenza 2.0 and am seeing may parts marked GM. By any chance is this engine a gm engine or is there a gm engine with interchangeable parts for this engine.

Hello I will help you with your question,

Suzuki is partly owned by GM and GM imported them and sold them so for economies of scale many of the parts in GM parts catalog were used in the designs of the vehicles.

You will see the GM logo on the parts but the engine is a Suzuki product and nothing else interchanges with it.

If you are looking for used parts try, they have the best catalog in the country.

Please let me know how I can help you with this

Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

will a 2005 engine work in the 2004....

Yes, it will. I had one in the shop for warranty work and it just didn't look right to me so I contacted techline with the engine number, they said it had been swapped. _ End of warranty coverage!

You can put a 2005 in a 2004

Please let me know how I can help

Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

By chance are you a Suzuki tech? there isn't one on the selection list

They tried to make me into one when I was working at a Buick - GMC-Hyundai- Suzuki dealer but there is very little information on these vehicles available and they are low volume so you don't get very many through your bay.

I rebuilt a few engines and repaired a lot of electrical issues on them but I would not bill myself as a Suzuki tech.

Please let me know how I can help and I will do the best I can for you

Thank you