Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

Isuzu Trooper: I have a short section of hose on the top front

I have a short section of hose on the top front of the engine that is leaking gas. The vehicle will starts but has a rough idle, which lead me to the discovery of the leak.

The hose connects two metal lines. On the left line about inch from the hosing is a “T” with a screw top protective lid. Under the lid is what looks like a value stem similar to a stem on a tire.

This is a 1996 Isuzu Trooper.

The fuel is leaking right off the clamp, but I don’t see any hole in the hose. Clamp seems pretty solid.

Can I just go to the parts store and get new clamps and hose? Since there is a pressure value do I need to “pressurize” the system before starting, etc, etc.
Ok thats a fuel line to the fuel injectors. it seems that someone installed these hoses thats are regular rubber hoses thats the fuel will eventually eat through the rubber and leak.Just go to the auto parts store and tell them you need fuel hose not regular rubber hose and good fuel clamps as this is under extreme pressure and this will fix your issue. These are the next steps.Remember Im here if you ever need any further assistance for anything at all just let me know it will be for no further charge.Please rate excellent service so I can get credit for my help thanks .Bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Replaced hose & clamps and all is running well.