Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

mitsubishi diamante: what would make my car cut before i could

what would make my car cut before i could take my foot off the brakes
Ok so the vehicle is stalling out correct?Is the engine light on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no the check engine light didn't come on but after i put gas in my car went about 8miles to the next town and on the way back my car died on me but i turned i turned it back on and went back home before i could take my foot off the brakes the car cut off on its own

Ok but it will always start back up correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes but it will not stay started unless my foot is on the gas

Ok this sounds like it can be a faulty charging system has this been checked as well as you throttle position sensor?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no what is a throttle position sensor

OK the throttle position sensor is what regulates your throttle and is electronically controlled by your vehicles computer and when it fails it causes your issue it will not hold and idle.So my advice to you is to have the throttle position sensor checked as well as the charging system and cleaning of the throttle body and this should fix your issue.These would be the next steps.Remember Im here of you need any further assistance so please let me know I will help with no further charge.Please rate excellent service so I can get credit for my help thanks.Bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

well is it costly to get fixed

Not a horrible repair if its the throttle body that needs cleaning about 50 dollars.The alternator about 250 and if its the throttle position sensor about 150 .Remember Im here of you need any further assistance so please let me know I will help with no further charge.Please rate excellent service so I can get credit for my help thanks.Bonuses greatly appreciated.