jeffrey590
jeffrey590, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician , Saab Master Technician w/ 35 years Dealer Experience in Advanced Level Diag.
11029438

ABS and Brake light willl come on some time when I am drivilng

Customer Question

ABS and Brake light willl come on some time when I am drivilng and will not go off until I turn off engine. The lights may come on as many as three times a day and some times stay off as long as threeweeks???
Submitted: 3 years ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Car
Expert:  jeffrey590 replied 3 years ago.
Greetings JACUSTOMER, Can you please tell me the year, make and model of your vehicle? Thank you, Jeffrey
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

2001 Silverado Ext. Cab 8cyl 2wdrive

Hello Bobby, From your description it sounds as if you have the beginnings of a failing wheel speed sensor.Correct d diagnosis is done using the Tech2 GM Scan tool since the failure is intermittent at this time. If I can assist further I will be happy to answer any other questions you might have. Thank you, Jeffrey
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

One Tech ran a "diognostic" on it, and it told him that the computer was sending a message that there was a "short signal" being sent from the computer

Hi Bobby, I need to know the fault code number from the Tech..it will start with a "P" and have four numbers after the " P". Thank you, Jeff