Gary, Technician
Experience:  GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years

Land Rover LR 3: Have a 2007 land rover lr3 and it says on

Customer Question

Have a 2007 land rover lr3 and it says on panel, transmission fault limited gears available. I have pulled off the cover at the shift lever and can engage the transmission by pushing down on the white control lever which I think is connected to the brake pedal sensor. I am rather mechanically inclined and think it is probably a bad brake pedal sensor but want to be sure before I order one and replace it.
Category: Car
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

Welcome to Justanswer ! my name is Gary and i will do my best to assist you with this problem

when stepping on the brake pedal with the key on can you hear anything click on the shifter assembly ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I cannot hear any click.

Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

ok if you look down there should be a solenoid with 2 wires into the lower part of the gear shifter can you find this ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I cannot see any solenoid with 2 wires. All is see is a lot of wiring. Would I need to take the entire console out to see what you are referring to?

Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.

well enough to see the wiring

these usually will have a broken wire to the shift solenoid, a bad solenoid,blown fuse or the brake switch is bad

make sure all the fuses are good if they are inspect for any broken wires under the console if that is good replace the brake switch if it still does this more than likely the solenoid is bad