Dave Nova
Dave Nova, ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Eagle Talon: I have a 1995 eagle talon and it squeals when

I have a 1995 eagle talon and it squeals when the the steering wheel is turned to the right or left starting at 5 degrees flection. All components are intact, fluids are good and no leaks visible leaking anywhere.

Hello and thank you for using Justanswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with your question.

Does it seem like the belt is squealing or is it more of a whine from the pump?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sounds more like the pump.

Do you see any cloudiness or air bubbles in the fluid?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

looks clean to me.

If you are certain the belt is tight and is not squealing and the noise is the pump whining, but only when under load like when turning the wheel then the power steering pump will need to be replaced to get rid of the noise.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it's easy enough to replace so I'll go and change it now. Let you knolw how it works out later, thanks!

You are very welcome. Make sure after installing the new pump to bleed the air from the system. Fill the reservoir, then with the front wheels off the ground, turn the steering from lock to lock about 15-20 times to purge the air from the system.