Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.

Range Rover Land rover: Dear sirs, I own a Range Rover 1993

Dear sirs, I own a Range Rover 1993 and I would like to convert the original engine to a Ls engine and I need some information how to do it. Thanks

the best option is to get hold of a donor car and pull out the engine wiring loom ecu and fuel tank module as well as the engine

the main issue will be converting the transmission to cope with the LS

the R380 unit in the range rover is strong enough to cope with the torque providing you don't tune it too much
you'll need to produce an adaptor plate to get the LS bolted up to the transmission and I'd suggest getting in touch with a clutch specialist to produce a hybrid unit that'll mate the two together
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do u know of any existing kit that will support the L. S. with the R. Rover aut trans?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Where can I buy an adaptor between the Ls3 engine to the transmission bell housing?

to my knowledge there' s no kit of parts that you can buy for this conversion and the ones that have been done are all self made / engineered from scratch

as your's is an auto then you may be better off sourcing an 4L80E 4x4 box and transfer case complete from a Ford suburban or similar.

this would be easier to mate up but you'd then need new mounts and a new propshaft