Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Customer Question

Landrover LR4 won't start, it's not the smart key as it tries to turn over, but I get the ABS warning. Is there a way to reboot the system, as I think it may be a computer issue.
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi Paul,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.

If the engine is not turning over at all with the starter when trying to start the vehicle this can sometimes be due to a weak battery.If this is the case that the engines starter is not engaging to turn over the engine the battery and starter should be tested to see if one is found at fault or to see if the battery needs to be re charged.

If the engine starter is engaging to turn over the engine but the engine is not starting at all this can be caused by several things like a lack of ignition to certain components,lack of fuel to the injectors,possibly an electronic ignition switch fault or even possibly a theft fault issue to where the computers may be keeping the vehicle from starting.The fault codes should be checked in all computers in the vehicle to see if any codes have set.This is done with either a dealers tool or an after market scan tool that can communicate with all computers in the vehicle.If any have set then they would need diagnosed to locate the component at fault and then repaired from there.If you can get these read out then post them here this would help.

Thanks Pete
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX few days late, I brought it in to the dealer.

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Your welcome.I hope they can get it resolved with ease.Let me know if you need anything else here or in the future.

Thanks Pete