tech0405, Technician
Experience:  Certified technican 10 years experience

passat volkswagon: My daughter changed her oil and its overfilled.

My daughter changed her oil and its overfilled. She ysed synthetic blend. Its a 2004 vw passat 1.8T. Its making a weird noise now like knocking clack clacking sound. What could be wrong? Can she fix it?
Welcome to just answer!

How much oil did she put inn ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

a quart and a half

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Are you allowed to call me? XXX-XXX-XXXX

Sorry we are not allowed to call the customers against site policy ? Have you drained enough oil and brought it down to the correct level (4.5) quarts? And in what area of the engine is the noise coming from ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok sorry. umm its coming from the left top part. should she just drain it all out and start new? Is it the right oil? ir should it jyst be synthetic and not a blend?

The blend oil 5w30 is five i recommend you drain it all and put in 4.5 quarts you may of got oil into the intake by overfilling and causing the noise it might smoke a little once started but it should clear out after running for a little bit . I hope this helps

Please don't forget to provide positive feedback for the help provided we strive for positive feedback thank you