Dad Mechanic
Dad Mechanic, Mechanic
Experience:  I have worked on everyting from Model Ts to 2012 Autos,
65581030

My Nissan diesal Urvan in Manila PI. Keeps overheating, the

My Nissan diesal Urvan in Manila PI. Keeps overheating, the head has been repaired or replaced 4 times, also the radiator has been replaced. The mechanic said they don't use a thermostat in Philippines. I say you need a thermostat or the engine could overheat. Am I right or wrong?
Sorry for your trouble, As a former race car owner we found removing the thermostat can cause over heating. the reason is the water dosen't stay in the radiator long enough to remove the heat from the coolant. We replaced the thermostat with a restricter( washer with a small hole ) this slows the coolant down. If i can be of more assistance please come back.
Jim!!!
Thanks for coming to Just Answers.
Hi!
I hope I have helped to resolve your problem. I am checking to see if I can assist with any thing else today, or clarify my answer to you.
Thanks for using Just Answers.
Dads Mechanic.
Jim