Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Toyota rav 4: Replaced battery in 04 rav 4. Now power windows

Replaced battery in 04 rav 4. Now power windows don't workno acceleration and can't move gear from park. No gushes working check engine light is on. Please help me bek
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.

I didn't see this posted above as being checked but the first thing I would check is to make sure no fuses have blown from possible arcing of the battery to battery cables when disconnected and reconnected as sometimes this can cause a voltage surge and cause a fuse to blow from the surge.

If these have been checked and found to be o.k. next I would have the fault codes checked in the vehicle with a scan tool that can communicate with all computers in the vehicle.If any codes have set they should be diagnosed to locate the component at fault and repaired to correct the fault.

In some cases I have seen a voltage spike/surge occur when this repair has been done and this can cause a control unit to become damaged from the surge.A scan tool is needed to see if all computers are communicating and if one is found to be not communicating or any fault codes set for loss communication then a control unit may be damaged internally needing replaced.

I hope this has helped in some way here.If you need anything else don't hesitate to ask thats what I am here for.If you are not satisfied with my help here let me know before rating my help.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Pete,

yes have checked everything and it is the ecu that has blown. I am currently sourcing replacement.

Thanks for your assistance

Bek

Your welcome.Let me know if you need anything else here or in the future.If you feel satisifed with my assistance dont forget to rate my help above.

Thanks Pete

Thanks Pete