sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Nissan Altima: Hey carguy1 Ummm I have a problem that started

Hey carguy1 Ummm I have a problem that started about 6 months ago!!! Sometimes mii engine shakes really bad and my check engine light goes on and off!!! Other personal mechanics tells mii it's mii Sparks plug!! I change it and nothing I change the oil frequently and out keeps doing that I've even notice that mii gas burns more especially when that happens!!! Can you help mii please!!!! Att. Maria
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It appears carguy1 is not available so I'd like to try to help.

If the spark plugs have been replaced, assuming there wasn't a bad or damaged one installed, then you can rule them out.

There are quite a few things that can cause misfires. The first step will be to determine if you have individual cylinders missing or if something is affecting the entire engine. Start by seeing what fault codes are stored and go from there. If you don't have a code reader or scan tool of your own you can have the codes read for free at most parts stores.

If you have misfire codes set for individual cylinders then you can concentrate on those. You could have one or more bad fuel injectors, ignition coils, or there could be a wiring issue with coil or injector driver circuits.

Valvetrain issues such as burnt valves or broken valvesprings can cause misfires also. A running compression test can be done to determine valvetrain health. Carbon buildup on the back side of valves often causes them to not seal and will cause misfires also.

It's possible that you could have something affecting all cylinders like a bad mass airflow sensor, coolant temperature sensor, MAP sensor, etc. These things would be unlikely to set individual cylinder misfire codes though.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok thanx i will have to take it so they can tell me what code does come out can i write back so you can explain a bit about what misfire code it presents!!!

Sure! You can come back and reply here at any time if you need more help with this problem.