Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

Isuzu Trooper: Hi. I need a cap for my brake fluid. Where can

Hi. I need a cap for my brake fluid. Where can I find one? Mine is breaking down. I have a 1994 Isuzu Trooper. Judy, Clifton, CO
HI,

unfortunately, the master cylinder reservoir cap is not made or sold by itself. For a new one, you would have to purchase a new one.

Your only economical alternative is to purchase one from a salvage yard.

I have located one at
Trade Center Auto Salvage, Inc. USA-CO(Delta) Request_Quote(NNN) NNN-NNNN/(NNN) NNN-NNNN/td>

which shows to be about 30 miles from your zipcode.

they have the master cylinder for $35, but may just sell you the cap. If not, that is still way cheaper than buying a new master cylinder just for the cap. They show to have several in stock for 93 to 95 Troopers, any of these years will fit yours

Please note, your Deposit doesn't constitute a payment. Please be sure to rate OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE to complete transaction or ask for more help by clicking REPLY TO EXPERT.

Positive feedback is always appreciated. Bonuses are welcome. Please note that if you have a subscription service you still need to to rate OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE , however you are not charged again. Thank you.

Please note the 1 to 2 faces(POOR AND BAD SERVICE) are a negative rating. Before choosing one of these, please reply first so that I can further help you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX I called the Trade Center, they stated that they do not sell the caps they only sell the whole cylinder. If this is all you can find then I am finished.

They are not available by themselves brand new. I am sorry about that, but I cannot control what parts manufacturers decide to make and sell. Manufacturers have chosen to only make the cap as part of the whole package of the master cylinder

As I stated, your most economical option is to purchase an used master cylinder from a salvage yard, like the one I found for you, for $35. $35 is much cheaper than any other option.

It is unfortunate, but on 19 yr old vehicles, many of the smaller parts are simply not distributed for sell by themselves due to cost of manufacturing the product.

we run into this everyday on older vehicles and sometimes you only have 2 choices - buy the whole master cylinder new for over $200 or buy the used one for $35.

the $35 isnt much more than it would have been just for the cap if the cap was sold separately. I pay around $15 to $20 for just a cap for other makes and models when they are available.