Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have some gauges in my car that change color. On cold days

Customer Question

I have some gauges in my car that change color. On cold days when i start my car the battery voltage drops low enough to forget the color memory. I is annoying. Im planning on using a capacitor to supply the gauges with DC while the starter is cranking and then use a blocking diode to prevent the CAP from powering the starter. Do you seen any issues with this set up? I also need help picking the right CAP. I have some other things i need to get from this site could you help me find the right one here? http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/category/140/Capacitors/3.html

EDIT: I did find this one. Voltage should be good but what about the UF rating? I also need a Diode.

Thank you

Category: Car
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

Can I get the year make and model?