mralexc
mralexc, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified Master Automotive Technician, Vocational Degree in Advanced Automotive Technology, Nissan dealership training,
9535784

hi my peugeot 206 x reg drives fine but if you take foot off

hi my peugeot 206 x reg drives fine but if you take foot off ecelorator when goin along and dont touch the cluch it makes a strange noise ??please what could this be??

mralexc :

Mny name is XXXXX XXXXX i am going to try to help, you are being a bit vague with your question could you describe this sound ,try to tell me where it is comming from, like under the car or under from the front of the engine etc, and does it go away when you press the clutch pedal in ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes it goes when you push the clutch in or put the ecelorator down its coming from the front of the engine i think its hard to describe the sound but its NOT a grinning sound its like a over reving sound maybe? it reminds me of a bus sound

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

cant really describe the noise it reminds me of a bus its a bit like over reving if thats any help? yes it goes when you push the clutch in or put the ecelorator down and sound like its coming from the front of the engine.

It is going to be difficult diagnosing a sound i cannot hear, however it can be a few things, Since the noise goes away when you press in the clutch i would say the throwout bearing on the clutch might be your best answer either that or the pilot bearing, either way the clutch would need to be replaced, and would be the most common failure.

the only other thing i could think of that would go away when you pressed the clutch in would be an internal failure in the transmission like a bearing on the transmission shaft going out but that is not very common.like a one in a hundred thousand chance.

the air filter will never make a sound

the air filter will never make a sound

i hope this was of help if you feel it was don't forget to rate me if you still need help don't be afraid to ask