Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

Holden Rodeo: Auto transmission in 1999 Holden rodeo is slipping

Auto transmission in 1999 Holden rodeo is slipping its not engaging in higher gears when moving engine over revs before gear engages. Oil level has been checked and approx 200mm put in. The oil in transmission was brown. When oil was topped up condition did not improve. Your advice please?

tims auto repair :

hi

tims auto repair :

from the way you explain...t does not sound good

tims auto repair :

there is one thing you can try....remove the pan and replace the transmission filter

tims auto repair :

it may be clogged causing low pressure

tims auto repair :

but,,again,,from the way you explain...the 4-4 clutch frictions may already be burnt out

tims auto repair :

if this is the case,,the transmission will need to be rebuilt or replaced,,,sorry

tims auto repair :

Please RATE my answer by clicking the RATINGS button so I can get credit for my work,, the [BAD SERVICE] and [POOR SERVICE] rating does not give me credit].i don't receive commission if you give a less than 3 star/smiley rating ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, ,please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

Customer: What is a realistic price for a repair to transmission
tims auto repair :

i would think $1500-$1800+/-