Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Saab 9.5 Wagon: The auto gearbox randomly swithces into Winter

The auto gearbox randomly swithces into Winter Drive Mode............ usually from a stading start which is disconcerting when moving into traffic, then winter mode light will click on and off when driving at higher speeds.

Hi Richard,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would ask to see if you still need help with this.

From what you have described here this sounds like this may be a fault with the winter mode switch itself internally shorting out causing the modes to switch like this here.When this occurs try lightly pressing this switch near the shifter and see if it then goes back into the mode it was in or if the clicking on and off quits.If it does then this switch needs replaced.

If this doesn't help narrow down the fault here then the switch and switch signals would need tested when acting up to verify it is the component at fault.

I hope this has helped in some way here.If you need anything else don't hesitate to ask thats what I am here for.If you are not satisfied with my help here let me know before rating my help.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Pete................that's great.........will look at switch as by pushing gently it it does correct.

Rating 5 0ut 0f 5.......Richard

Your welcome.I will leave this post here so you can rate my answer provided.Let me know if you need anything else,thanks Pete.

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete