Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

RA-fvh

Customer Question

I have xcessive cain noise. I replaced all tires wih Michelum and th noice is still bad. Replaced tires at 9,000 and now have 14000.Jim Delaware
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Car
Expert:  tech0405 replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to just answer!

Hi, thank you for asking your question today. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What year is your Car?
-What make and model is your Car?

-What type of engine is in your Car?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the car is a 2013 Ford Edge with a v6 engine. The noise is in the cabin

Expert:  tech0405 replied 1 year ago.
What exactly do you mean by cain noise ?? also have you checked uneven tire wear where he tires are starting to get cupped and choppy ??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Excessive Cabin noise. The tires have been replased with new Michelum tires and I still have the noise. 2013 Ford Edge 14000 miles

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,

You havent described the noise outside of "excessive cabin noise". That leaves it open to dozens of interpretations.

Could you please describe the type of noise in detail(humming, roaring, rumble, whistle, whine, etc), remembering I nor any other expert is there to test drive and hear the noise.

Also, being that this is a new car and still under the manufacturer's warranty, have you taken it to a Ford dealer, including after the tire replacement, and what have they determined the noise to be.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I took it to Ford dealer and they were not aware of a problem with noise. The noise is a rumble or noise from the tires when i go over tires strips in the road and also on blacktop roads and not much on cement roads. It is a stedy rumbleming noise of some roads. It almost sounds like a bearing noise but it does not do it on cement rods. It almost seems like the car does not have any insulation between the bottom and top side of the cabin.

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,

Ok, based upon the description of the symptoms, it is a tire/wheel noise. I am not aware of any known issues on this vehicle. I am going to open it up for other experts and pm one expert that has extensive Ford knowledge.

Please do not reply until another expert replies back, otherwise it will lock it to me and prevent another expert from helping