Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE master, 30+ years. All makes and models. Trouble shooter, shop forman, service manager

Hi, I have a 95 eagel summit wagon that I just love but the

Hi, I have a '95 eagel summit wagon that I just love but the tranny is going out. My husband says it is a nightmare to replace the transmission in this vehicle and it would cost more than it is worth. Do you have to remove BOTH motor and tranny to do a swap?

Hello and welcome, Super mechanic here. Thank you for trusting us with your vehicle concerns, I will do my best to help you with your question.

.Please Don't Forget, the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service, and not this website itself or your vehicle.

If you need any more on it just let me know. Thanks

About your vehicle.

The engine doesn't have to come out to replace the trans. The labor, (with transfering any eternal parts on it) is right at 4 hours.

B 0.3 0.5

Complete Assembly With Transfer of Parts

Includes: R&I Transaxle.

B 2.8 3.9

The "big" expense with that is the cost of a rebuilt unit. Most of the trans shops will want over $800 for it. The best option is normally to get a used trans from a salvage yard. If they have one they will normally want around $500 unless you have a place where you can pull it yourself, then they are more like $225 or less.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have a friend who could do the work but he was the one that the motor had to be dropped. I was thinking about a rebuilt trannsmission from Risingsun in CA. It would right at $720 for the tranny plus shipping and has a 1 yr warranty. The rest of the car is above average and I love the size and gas mileage.

They are good when they are working and $720 is a fair price for a rebuilt. I can't really speak for anyone else but I have never taken the engine and trans out to do just the trans.

**You have to the hit happy face or a high rating for me to get paid for the answer.*****