Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

2007 Land Rover-Range Rover: 2007 Land Rover-Range Rover HSE

2007 Land Rover-Range Rover HSE GAsoline- Has air suspension problems- compressor runs, gets too hot and then shuts off- no lifting of vehicle occuring. I have a repair shop, and have a compatible scan tool that will give me readings from the computer system.
Category: Car
Expert:  Tom replied 1 year ago.

Do you have the codes stored for the issue you are having?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have several codes, in the ride level system I have a C1a30,C1a20, and C1130. I know this diagnosis may take a while, but if you are willing I will be glad to work with you.

Expert:  Tom replied 1 year ago.
Yes absolutely I am here for you and willing to work until we get to the bottom of this issue .Has the air ride module(ECM) been checked?
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Certified Master Technician
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

These were air system codes. We replaced the rear airbags/springs and it seemed like it took a few minutes before the vehicle started raising, The pump is running and it seems like the rear are doing the proper thing, but the front doesn;t seem to be leveling. I may need to clear any of these codes and see if I get something current. My scan tool gives me a lot of info, and I do have a system print out of the repair manual, so I can identify the different components by the correct name. Maybe a refresher course of how all this works may be in order.

Expert:  Tom replied 1 year ago.
Ok but the air suspension ecu usually fails and causes all these codes and symptoms was this checked?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am not sure how to check the ecu, I am thinking that I will clear codes, and see what happens. After we replaced the rear bags it seemed to take a long while for the system to wake up, I was worried about it, but now I get a message that says it is leveling slowly or something like that. How do you suggest I test the ecu? I can get some sensor readings and maybe that would be a clue?

Expert:  Tom replied 1 year ago.
Yes that would help but this is usually a ECU or height sensor issue.So these need to be focused on next.As for the ECU it would need to be sent out to be tested properly.Remember Im here if you need any further assistance for anything at all for no further charge.Please rate excellent service so I can get credit for my help thanks.Bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay, I feel fairly confident that it is not an ecu issue, and would like to proceed from that taken for granted(for now). I have a recurring C1130 code, which I suspect may be related to the compressor pressure. I may need to look at which info would tell me what system/reserve tank pressure I am getting to the system. Again, the rear seems to be good, but the front is not going up. The compressor does run and I am thinking it may be cutting off only when it reaches a high temperature limit, not pressure limit.

Expert:  Tom replied 1 year ago.
Visually inspect the system for an excessive air leak. Check the height sensor linkage(s) for damage/restrictions. Visually inspect the air harness for evidence of melting, crushing, kinking or collapsing. Refer to the guided diagnostic routine for this code on the approved diagnostic system . Most common is a faulty height sensor. Let me know what you find.