sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Toyota: I have a 2006 100 series diesel Land cruiserThe vehicle

I have a 2006 100 series diesel Land cruiser
The vehicle is fitted with 2 power sockets as std equipment one in the dash & one in the luggage compartment.The rear one is not working?I have found a fuse in the L/H foot well that says power socket does this fuse do both front & rear? (the fuse is ok) If not where do I find one for the rear power socket? If the fuse does both then I am leaning to a faulty socket as I have checked for damaged or broken wires.My next move would be to check for power to the socket but as I am on holidays I need to purchase a test light
Thanks for your assistance in this matter
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The power outlets do share the same power feed. They're powered by the accessory circuit through the same fuse, it splits off after the fuse and goes to each of the outlets. If the front one works ok then the fuse is ok, so the problem is going to be with the wiring to the rear outlet or the outlet itself. It's not at all uncommon for an outlet to fail. What you'll want to do is check for power there with the key on using a test light or voltmeter. If there is power and ground then the outlet is bad, if it's missing one or the other then you know you have a wiring problem.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the info I thought I was on the right track but you have confirmed the fuse situation. I bought a test light yesterday so will test the power to the rear socket. I think this will now be the problem as it failed whilst driving along as we have a fridge connected whilst travelling makes more sense than the wiring?

Yes, it does make more sense than the wiring. It's possible that the power or ground wire to the socket and been ready to break and let go while you were driving, but I believe it's more likely to be the outlet itself.