Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

2000 E320: my 2000 E320 cranks great when cold ,but after running

my 2000 E320 cranks great when cold ,but after running for a while and and try to crank again it turns over but it want start sometime for about twenty to thirty minutes.

eurotec :

Hi, the intermittent crank/no start condition when the car is hot is typically caused by a faulty crankshaft position sensor. When the sensor gets hot it will sometimes fail to send a signal to the engine computer which will cause the crank/no start problem. After the sensor cools awhile it will start working and the car starts as if nothing was wrong. I'd suggest replacing the crankshaft position sensor for this problem. When the sensor malfunctions it rarely sets a fault code in the computer on this model.

eurotec :

The crankshaft position sensor retails for approximately $140 and takes about an hour to install.

eurotec :

Let me know if you have any questions.

eurotec :

Please note that you must leave a positive rating for my service today so that I may receive credit for helping you with this problem.