Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,

Fiat Palio: Fiat Palios aircon seized, now the alternator do

Fiat Palios aircon seized, now the alternator do not work therefore the battery not charging, how do i disconnect the aircon so that i can at least drive to the closest dealer to help?
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Name is XXXXX XXXXX i will assist you the best i can, please Only accept if you are happy with my answer.

If the compressor has sized then all you have to do is switch it off ,

But if the compressor clutch has sized then you will have to be towed in as you have a serpentine belt that runs all and when one sizes then you have all systems blocked ,
To save a possible overheated system you will be better off having a tow to the Garage.

If its only the compressor clutch then this is all that need replacing which will be cheaper than if the compressor is sized ,

So if you switch off the compressor and its still sized then this is a compressor clutch failure , and the compressor may still be okay .

If you switch off the compressor at the control switch and its starts to run free then your compressor has failed and will need a new compressor ,if this is the case the system will have to be flushed out and the receiver dry replaced as this act also as a filter and will be damaged from the failed compressor .

Need further assistance then please get back to me .

Please rate my help a 3 to 5. " If you are not satisfied please don't rate."
We can continue to work or I can opt out .
For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting .
If I don't reply soon I will as quick as I can as we may be on different time zones

Rgds Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience: 17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,