Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

Can i increase top speed by changing to a larger diameter tire

Can i increase top speed by changing to a larger diameter tire size
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Yes you could but it would not change top speed much and it would also slow down acceleration. Let me know if you have questions or if there is anything else at all I can do to help. Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i am talking about a legend 3 wheel mobility scooter currently rated at 5.75 mph not a car. hoping to increase to speed to at least 6.25 to 6.75 mph

Yes what you are trying to do will work fine but I cannot tell you what size wheels to use so it might require some trial and error. Let me know if you have questions or if you would like me to open question back up for someone else that might have more details on what size wheels you need, other options, ect. This is a pretty unique question so I'm not sure if anyone will be able to give you exact information but I'm happy to open question back up if you would like to see. Thanks.