Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have another questions regarding a virbrating sound coming

I have another questions regarding a virbrating sound coming from under thr center of the car when the car is accelerating from 1st gear to 2nd. once it shifts from 2nd the vibration sound goes away. Could this be the u joints or bearings

Hi Dan,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would ask to see if you still need help with this.

Is this a tinny type of vibration that is heard?

Can this vibration be felt and heard or only heard?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It can be slightly felt(vibration) and heard(humming sound)

O.k.,do you hear this on acceleration and deceleration and does this noise change pitch at all if you turn side to side when it occurs?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

acceleration only from 1st to 2nd gear. Some at high speed when accelerating to passing gear

O.k.,this fault may be caused by the transmission mount weak and causing the transmission to vibrate which will cause this feel here as well as possibly a u joint in the drive line in some cases.It may also be a mechanical fault in the transmission itself possibly if this is felt in the center of the vehicle.

I would have the transmission mount inspected as well as the u joints on the vehicle to see if any are found damaged or at fault.If anything is found then the fault needs repaired.I would also have the components under the vehicle checked to make sure nothing is loose or damaged.

If no fault is found with these components then next a vibration analyzer may be needed to be hooked up to the vehicle to track down and locate this vibration so it can be corrected.

I hope this has helped in some way here.If you need anything else don't hesitate to ask thats what I am here for.If you are not satisfied with my help here let me know before rating my help.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete