Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic,foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.

1999 range rover se: i have a 1999 range rover the electronic

i have a 1999 range rover the electronic air suspension is not working how do i diagnois what is wrong with it

Hello, welcome to Just Answer/Pearl. My name isXXXXX will
do my very best to assist you with your question today.

Are there any warning messages coming on at all?

The suspension is not working at all,at any time ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no warning lights the suspention works it just doesnt go up or down

Ok,the issue is most likely with a leaking block valve.To properly diagnose this system you are going to need a land rover scan tool to send commands to the different parts of the system to see what is not responding or leaking.With out the scan tool you won't be able to diagnose this issue without just guess work.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

where do i get a scan tool and can a novice repair man use it or should i just take to a repair shop does the scan tool cost more than the repair

Oh yeah the scan tool in question is in the neighborhood of $10,000,what I would suggest is to have a independent shop that works on land rover hook the vehicle up and run the test,you will be looking at about $200 for the diagnostics from the shop.