Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Auto Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs. experience diagnostics & repair of all makes/models.

check Lite On Dash Board Constantly On

'check' Lite On Dash Board Constantly On
Hello and Welcome! My name isXXXXX and I am here to try and assist you with your question.

• - Can you give me the Year, Make and Model of this vehicle?
  • - On the bill or work order, are there any Diagnostic Trouble Codes listed (stated as "p-codes")?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Toyota Camry 2003 with 35,000 miles ...2.4L, in-line4, Vin (E) codes just perform diagnostic check on vehicle using diagnostic scaner machine, oscilloscope and digital volt ohmeate as necessary.....Oxygen sensor - removed and replaced - one

Ok. When the vehicle was scanned using the diagnostic check, there had to have been a Diagnostic Trouble Code (aka "p-code") that pointed them to replace the Oxygen Sensor. This vehicle has TWO oxygen sensors- and the front one really isn't an Oxygen Sensor, per se. It's an A/F Sensor (Air Fuel Ratio Sensor). It's very similar in design, looks and operation as an Oxygen Sensor, but it's... "smarter" due to the nature of the inputs and information that it sends to the on-board computer. If this was replaced with a regular Oxygen Sensor, or the wrong sensor was replaced, this will result in the Engine Light returning. At this point, if the engine light is still on, then there ARE p-codes stored in the on-board computer... and we're going to need those to better figure out what's going on here. You can have these p-codes read FREE (except in California) at any local "big chain" part store (ie. AutoZone, PepBoys, Advanced, etc). These p-codes will serve as the starting point for the diagnosis and give me a place to start looking into "why" the light returned even after the repair. If I can get you to have those codes read, and get back to me, I am certain I can help you resolve the issue.